The Terminal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Lesson 1: Getting Started

Go down

Lesson 1: Getting Started Empty Lesson 1: Getting Started

Post by C17:i4 Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Welcome to Half-Life 2 Roleplay!

HL2RP is a very complex game-mode with a lot of features. In this lesson, you will be taught the basics of how to play. Firstly, you must create your character. Select the Citizen faction and the gender of your choice.

Make sure to provide a decent, realistic name for your character, for instance:
Amanda White
Kevin Groves
David Harris
Rebecca Clark
Anthony Lee Wright

Do not use celebrity names for your characters. Sorry, you can't be Kim Jong Un, either. (Please stop trying!) Also, it is not recommended to use overly-generic or common names, such as Jack or John, but if you can't think of anything else, that is okay.

You also have to make an accurate physical description for your character. It can be changed at any time, however remember that it is to describe what your character looks and sounds like. Feel free to be descriptive!
What not to do:
"Loves the combine. Eats a lot. Hates all of the rebels because they killed my family."

What to do:
"6'1|Light Brown Hair|Bright Blue Eyes|Thick Russian Accent|Malnourished|C17 Citizen's Uniform|Brown Shoes"

Don't make your description unrealistic, though. You can't say you're strong and burly in most cases, because in Half-Life 2 you're being kept alive on just enough, but that will be gone into on a later lesson. Try to also choose a player model that corresponds best with the description you chose.

Next, you can choose your attributes. How you spend your attribute points is up to you, however don't spend them all in one place! Here is a list of what each attribute does:
Acrobatics: Lets you jump higher.
Agility: Lets you run faster.
Endurance: Increases your health.
Stamina: Allows you to run for longer.
Strength: Increases the damage of your fists.
Medical: Gives you more health from healing yourself.
Dexterity: Lets you tie/untie faster.

Remember - you only have 30 points to spend.

Once you do that, your character will be created and saved. You can log in and access your characters at any time by clicking Load. Once you load your character, you will be spawned in the City 17 Train Station. From there, your character's story begins.

Helpful Tips:
Press and hold down F1 to open your character menu.
State your name and CID from the above menu if a Metropolice Unit asks you to "Apply".
Press Tab to open the main menu.
HL2RP is a slow-paced gamemode, most of the time. Take your time!
Yes, you can use the vending machines. Go ahead.
If you tell someone your name, press F2 so they can recognize you.
Remember that you're playing a Half-Life 2 roleplay, not DarkRP. The two are very different. DarkRP is more of a deathmatch with jobs than a roleplay, HL2RP is the opposite.
Don't try punching people - combat doesn't work that way, that will actually get you banned.
C17:i4
C17:i4
Owner

https://theterminal.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down